Box Office Associate
POSTED: 04/27/2017. Accepting applications until position is filled.
The Box Office Associate will join Chicago’s newest nonprofit Equity theater company. This position will assist the Audience Services Manager in creating a unique and enjoyable Front of House experience for our patrons.
As a young organization, the Playhouse both offers its staff great opportunity and demands high levels of responsibility. This role requires someone who is eager to learn, self-motivated, and willing to think outside traditional models of the theater-going experience.
This is a part time position with hours corresponding to our production schedule and will work primarily at our performance venue at 3014 W Irving Park Road. This position should expect to work 15-20 hours a week, sometime between the hours of 5pm-10pm on Wednesday-Saturday and 12pm-5pm on Sundays. The hours are flexible and we will work with the right candidate to create a schedule.
- Providing box office and house management support prior to the start of the show
- Answering the box office phone and email
- Prepping front of house materials (tickets, playbills, etc)
- Fielding subscriber redemptions, special seating needs, and other patron requests
- Assist the Audience Services Manager in developing new Front of House policies for the growing organization
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in theater, communication, or business preferred
- Experience in a nonprofit arts organization, or significant internship experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to stay calm in high-stress situations
- Knowledge of Total Info or similar ticketing software (if not, the desire to learn is a must)
- Experience or familiarity with hospitality industry a plus
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
Email a resume & contact information for two references to: email@example.com with the subject line “Box Office Assistant.” No phone calls please.
Windy City Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status. We are further committed to reflecting the diversity of Chicago both onstage and in our offices.