Development & Sales Associate
Posted on: 4/27/16
*Open until position filled*
The Development & Sales Associate will join the growing team of Chicago’s newest nonprofit, Equity theater company. This person will support all initiatives that bring in revenue for the theater, both gifted (donations) and earned (sales).
As a quickly growing organization, the Playhouse both offers its staff great opportunity and demands high levels of responsibility. This role requires someone who is eager to learn, willing to think outside traditional models of theater, results-oriented, and willing to support the general operation of the company – including that which is beyond the job description.
- Maintain active donor lists – includes consolidating records and identifying major gift potential
- Research and pitch potential group sales leaders
- Assist in the creation of annual fund campaigns – includes drafting copy, coordinating design layout, and overseeing distribution
- Develop strategies for donor recognition and stewardship
- Identify local small businesses for potential partnership
- Assist with Board of Directors meetings, correspondence, and engagement
- 1 year in nonprofit arts organization, or significant internship experience
- Strong writing abilities, both short and long-form
- Comfortable on the phone, including with cold calls
- Knowledge of Chicago theater scene
- Experience with Total Info, Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, or other fundraising software a plus
This is a full-time, salaried position (commensurate with experience). Some evenings/weekends required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to: email@example.com.