Marketing & Development Associate
Position open until filled.
Windy City Playhouse is seeking a full-time Marketing and Development Associate to join its administrative staff. The Associate will join the growing team of Chicago’s newest nonprofit, Equity theater company and assist in both the creation and execution of all marketing and fundraising strategies for the company.
As a quickly growing organization, the Playhouse both offers its staff great opportunity and demands high levels of responsibility. This role requires someone who is eager to learn, self-motivated, and willing to think outside traditional models of theater.
Key Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Create marketing and fundraising materials, includes drafting copy
- Seek out potential group sales and rental partners
- Setup and track all third party ticket sales
- Coordinate with private PR firm all critical and feature press
- Engage with community organizations and local businesses to drive ticket sales and ongoing partnerships
- Maintain website with production and other company updates
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications
- Assist in stewardship of individual and corporate donor relations
- Assist with Board of Directors meetings, correspondence, and engagement
Education, Experience, & Skills
- 1 year in nonprofit arts organization, or significant internship experience
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Strong writing abilities, both short and long-form
- Comfortable on the phone, including with cold calls
- Grasp of major social media platforms (from a business, not personal, perspective)
- Knowledge of Chicago theater scene
- Experience with Total Info or other combination POS/CRM software a plus
This is a full-time, salaried position (commensurate with experience). Some evenings/weekends required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.