*Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.*
Windy City Playhouse seeks interns to join its administrative staff. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn both about the management of a professional theater company and the development of a new, not-for-profit arts organization.
This internship will span marketing/pr, development, community outreach, production, artistic management, and casting. This a great opportunity for someone looking to get his hands dirty in a variety of arts administration roles.
Interns must be available at least 15 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks. Exact times and dates of commitment will be determined on an individual basis. Interns receive a weekly stipend and additionally may earn course credit (depending on university policy). The Playhouse also offers networking opportunities, assistance with resume and cover letters, and counseling on post-internship professional development.
This person will work primarily out of our administrative office, located at 105 W. Madison St., during regular office hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm.
This role will vary, based on the intern’s interests and the company’s needs. Past interns have completed projects in:
- Email marketing copy and design
- Graphic design for online marketing
- Social Media monitoring and content production
- Audience outreach and new audience research
- Contribute to the theater’s social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Fundraising and prospecting research
- Opening night and special event logistics
- Past internship or university experience in arts administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to think creatively and independently
- Interest in Chicago theater scene
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.