Windy City Playhouse seeks a part-time Production Manager to join its staff. This a 10 hour/week position (depending on tech, meeting, and rehearsal schedule) will become an integral part of a developing company.
About the Playhouse:
Windy City Playhouse is brand new Equity theater on Chicago’s northwest side. Premiering in March 2015 with END DAYS d. by Henry Godinez, the inaugural season promises to entertain audiences through contemporary and exceptional art.
At the Playhouse, you’ll experience theater in a new way. Our space is fun, yet refined, featuring a sophisticated bar, plush seating, and post-show entertainment. No more running around the city to drinks, dinner, and a show–the Playhouse allows you to come early and stay late for a great night out with theater.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all production matters and personnel
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage the production calendar, including production meetings, load-ins, tech rehearsals, and strikes
- Manage production budgets according to the direction of the Executive Artistic and Managing Directors
- Seek out, interview, and hire all production staff, including technical directors, master electricians, scenic charges, scenic carpenters, wardrobe assistants, design assistants, production assistants, and assistant stage managers
- Facilitate adherence to all union agreements in all departments
- Manage correspondence between all members of the production team
- Maintain knowledge of Playhouse inventory and supplies, and serve as point person for facility information
- Review and verify all expenses (settlement) with designers and production staff for submission to the Managing Director
- Technical knowledge in the major design areas
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate budgets (experience in mid-size theaters preferred)
- Strong leadership, management, and communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive attitude within high-stress situations
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to email and phone communication
- Understanding of google drive, dropbox or other file-sharing platform
- Desire to work collaboratively in a new, developing company
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Managing Director, Evelyn Jacoby: firstname.lastname@example.org.